Monday, August 18, 2014

Richard Here: Fundraiser Challenge - Who Loves Chocolate?


DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO TUESDAY, AUGUST 19TH AT MIDNIGHT!

Ok folks... this is something I rarely do... I'm going to ask for your help.  Adoption is expensive. Very Expensive. I don't buy new cars, I buy kids. I work hard and have a good job, but for us an adoption is an extra above-the-line expense that we cannot easily complete without fundraisers. Our current adoption will cost around $30,000 when all is said and done. As a family we work hard to raise funds, and many people we know (and many we don't know) have contributed very generously to our current effort. To those who are joining us on this adventure by watching our videos, reading the blog and stalking us on Facebook, I'm asking for your help.

But wait, there's more...

You can make me miserable, and get chocolate... both at the same time. Who doesn't love that?

Screw the ice bucket challenge... I'm going to do the "backpack-full-of-chocolate" challenge.

Between now and Tuesday, August 19th at midnight for every person who commits to contribute a minimum of $100 to our adoption fund (either tax-deductible or non, we can take both) I will personally procure and carry home in my backpack 5 bars of the best Milka that you cannot easily get in the US. Once home, I'll ship it to you.

If ten people commit, that's 50 bars of chocolate I'll be carrying home. And that's a lot of weight. Make me miserable as I fly from Sofia back home. I beg you.

How can you commit? Contact Valerie by email, facebook or comment on this post and purchase enough boxes from our box fundraiser  to be equal to or greater than $100. All of the other giveaway prizes still apply.

Don't make yourself miserable. Make me miserable. Give now... I know so many of you would love to see me suffer. Maybe I'll even take pictures.

Don't be the one to lose out on this fabulous opportunity! Here are some of the flavors to chose from: (I'll make the BEST effort to get the flavors you pick)
All Milka:
White Chocolate
Rasin & Hazlenut
Extra Cocoa (Dark)
Alpine Milk
Noisette
Milk-Filled "Milkinis"
Strawberry Yogurt Filled
Hazlenut
Pretzel Loves Chocolate
Bubbly (Pseudo-Cake Filled)
Whole Hazlenuts
Bubbly (White Cake Filled)
Corn & Choco Forever
Rice is Choco's Best Friend (Rice Crispie Filled)

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Richard I'd love to set up a fundraiser on booster.com. Can I?

R- said...

Absolutely... Harvest all the content you need from Facebook. Need more... Just let me know!

Stacey Kirchner said...

Done! You make sure you have my chocolate! :)

Carolina said...

I'm saving you the trouble (I don't think you can ship chocolate to Brazil...), but I did help (a bit) through RR. :)

Grandma DD said...

I love MILKA -- especially the kind with nuts and stuff. I entered the contest!!!