Saturday, August 25, 2007

A Test of Faith



Although I have watched the video above more times than I can count, the tears flow freely every time I watch it. As a mother, my heart aches for each of those children and I wish that I could take each of them into my arms and whisper in their ears that they are special, beautiful and beloved children of God. The statistics are heart wrenching and I wish that I could find a way to bring each and every one of them into a loving family.

We have been approved by our government to adopt up to three children. While I do not feel that we will adopt a third, I pray every day to know Heavenly Father's will and that, if Joshua and Evan are meant to be the only children we adopt at this time, that I will have the strength to look into the eyes of those precious children and know that it is HIS will. It has truly been a test of faith for me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this video, Valerie. It really reminded me of the big picture. It gave me new motivation at a time when the details are dragging me down! Thanks again! Congratulations on getting your paperwork done! You're right. That has to one of the BEST feelings in the world!!!!!
Jennifer from the Uzbek group

Leslie said...

Hi, Valerie! I found your blog through the Seyler's adoption blog and was humbled to see that our Orphans of Ukraine video was in one of your posts. Your family has a wonderful story and we look forward to following you on your adoption journey.