Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Ukraine Revisited- December 2, 2007

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Baby, it's cold outside!

We woke up this morning to a fresh blanket of snow and absolutely frigid air! It is KHOLODNA (cold)! I didn't think I could adequately describe the picturesque appearance of Artemovsk in the winter, so I decided to let it speak for itself. I hope you enjoy it as much as we have!

I always notice these pine trees when we walk by. . probably because they are in a group of 3 and I always take note of things in 3's



Rich enjoying the snow


This is one of my favorite market scenes. . . fresh flowers surrounded by snow and people bundled in their winter wear! It remind me that there is always a bright spot. . even on a seemingly dreary day!


The produce section of the open-air market


The entrance of the open-air market

Did I mention that it is cold!?!

The sign outside the baby house


Snow often gives a haunting effect to some of the old buildings and scenery

The "bones" of the market at the end of the day (taken yesterday, hence the absence of snow)

We had another wonderful day that included two more wonderful visits with Evan! He continues to make amazing progress with each and every visit. It really is incredible to witness the radical transformation that has occurred over the past two days. He is interacting with us so much more and we spend our entire visit laughing, smiling, singing, playing and giving lots of hugs and kisses. He has even learned a handful of English words! Before we left this evening he had learned the English word for his favorite thing in the world. . . .cookie! I cannot wait to get him home and watch him bloom!

No comments: