My friend Charissa tagged me for this Mememe! Thanks Charissa! Hope you all enjoy!
What I was doing 10 years ago:
Bwahahahaha! Let's see. . .I was 14 years-old so chances are, I was babysitting while on the phone with one of my girlfriends (after the kids were in bed of course) talking about some cute guy I had a crush on! I don't know that at that age I ever could have imagined this is where I would be in 10 years!
5 things on my to-do list today:
1. Bathe 5 children and get them in their pajamas
2. Have our nightly scriptures, prayer and song and put the kids to bed
3. Prepare my primary lesson for church tomorrow (in the LDS church, Primary is basically Sunday School for children 3-12 years old. . . I teach the 9-10 year olds)
4. Iron and lay out everyone's church clothes and pack the "church bag"
5. Dig out from under the debris that 5 toddlers leave in their wake, finish up a few Mother's Day cards and spend some time with my wonderful husband before calling it a night!
Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
1. Donate 10% of the money to our church (whose reach is far greater than mine)
2. Put all of my children through college
3. Establish a non-profit organization that assists in improving orphanages and the quality of life for orphans throughout the world as well as helping to fund the adoptions of older children or children with special needs (I hope to do this even if I never become a billionaire).
4. Buy a 12-15 passenger van
5. Adopt more children to fill that van with!
6. Hire a nanny for Charissa after she buys her 12 passenger van and fills it with more children (and spends all of her money on nannies for the rest of us)!
7. Donate to other adoption ministries and organizations like Reece's Rainbow who help to find families for children with special needs.
8. Go back to school to get my Nursing degree (again, something I plan to do regardless of my billionaire status)
9. Take a nice vacation, entirely kid-free, with my wonderful husband!
Hmmmm. . .I'd better start working on my billionaire status, since it appears that I plan to do about 90% of these things regardless!
1. Blog reading
2. Browsing adoption photo listings
Places I've lived
1. Kentucky (thrice)
5. Maryland (twice)
7. Utah (twice)
8. North Carolina (twice)
8. North Carolina (twice)
5 jobs I've had:
2. Cyberkids (teaching kids 2-12 how to use laptops)
3. Aid for a child with Autism
4. Director of Conferences and Workshops and Head Cheerleading Coach at Southern Virginia University
5. Mommy to 5 incredible kids