Thursday, March 6, 2008

Josh Update -- Thursday

From Richard:

Well - today was a step forward, but only in the sense that his fever has subsided a bit - I believe his highest temp up to this point today was 101. We're still awaiting the results of the most recent blood work, so there's still no indication of the root cause. If his fever continues to mellow out it's a good possibility he could come home sometime this weekend (but I'm not going to hold my breath.)

Fortunately many of our friends have been very helpful in a number of ways by babysitting, bring meals and more. Additionally, Val's brother Keenan helped out a lot by hanging out with the kids most mornings this week. My mom is headed here from Virginia tonight to spend the weekend and hang out with the kids, who have had a tough time with Val being gone. It's an 8 hour drive, but we appreciate her willingness to help out. It's easy to overlook the effect that this situation has on the kids here at home, so I focus on spending quiet moments with the kids when I can.

Surprisingly, the house is in great shape. Dishes are done and the laundry is all folded - I've developed a nice little routine that I follow each evening to keep on top of things.

As of this evening, the weather folks are calling for 6-8 inches of snow. But we'll have to see if that actually comes through.

Best wishes to all of our friends, and thank you for the positive comments.

Cheers-
R

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Richard, Valerie and Family,

I just wanted to let you know that your family is in our prayers.

Amanda

Heather said...

Hang in there! We're sending prayers (and California sun) from out here!

-Paul and Heather

Jennifer said...

Thinking about you guys and praying that Josh recovers quickly!