Sunday, October 28, 2007

Introducing the newest member of the Rieben Family!

Joshua Steve Ortyk Rieben is now officially the newest member of the Rieben Family! Unfortunately, when I tried to upload pictures to my blog, a little box popped up on the screen (in Russian of course) and, from what I gathered from what very little Russian I can actually understand, it was a security feature on the computer that would not allow me to upload to my blog. But no worries. . .I have uploaded pictures of my sweetie to our family website which you can link to below:

http://family.avitria.com/g2/main.php?g2_itemId=2404

Joshua is an amazing baby. He is so happy and content and smiles, laughs and babbles all the time! You could say I'm in love! It was hard to sleep on Friday night because, after almost 8 months of looking at his picture and wishing I could hold him, love him and smother him with kisses, I was in awe that all I had to do was roll over and there he was, just inches from me! I laid there for hours just watching him sleep peacefully. It has been such a joy getting to know this sweet little person and I cannot wait to get him home so that everyone else who has been so patiently waiting for him can see what an incredible little boy he is. There is no doubt in my mind that he is destined for great things (I know, I know, all mom's say this about their children, but really, he will do amazing things in his life)!

We are still in Samarkand, but should have the passport and final document from Surkhundarya (I believe this is the correct spelling of his birth place), by Monday morning and will leave by train on Monday evening to return to Tashkent. We have an appointment for Josh's medical evaluation on Tuesday morning and are hoping to meet with the Embassy on Wednesday or Thursday. I must say, I am truly in awe of the goodness of my Heavenly Father. Just a few days ago I was certain that I would be staying an extra week, possibly more, and had all but lost hope that we would be able to return at our scheduled time. Now it looks like we will almost certainly be making our flight next Sunday. My heart is just so full of gratitude towards my Heavenly Father for the many miracles he has wrought in my life. . .especially the miracles we have experienced over the past week.

Thank you for all of your prayers! As you can see, they have been answered in big ways!! Now. . go enjoy my pictures!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seriously am such a cry baby everytime I read your blog. Emma asked me the other day when I sat down to the computer if I was going to cry again. Then she got me a kleenex. :) Congratulations! He is absolutely beautiful and we are so excited for you. We can't wait to meet him in real life.
love, the palmers

M said...

He is beautiful. I just love his eyes...they just make you want to smile.

Elaine said...

Congratulations! I haven't clicked over to your other blog yet to look at the pictures, but I will do that now! I am SO happy for you!

adoptedthree said...

He is darling congrads!

Tiana said...

He is so beautiful! Congrats!!!!