Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Last Leg

As Richard stated, "the pumpkin is on the porch" and we are finally back in
Tashkent WITH Joshua's passport! We expected to receive the passport by 9 am
on Tuesday morning, but it seems as though the US government isn't the only
one that likes to play games. After going to the passport office three times
(our coordinator was told to be there at 9 am, when she arrived she was told
to come back at noon and then at noon was told to come back at 4 pm) we
finally received the passport late Tuesday afternoon. Within 15 minutes of
receiving it, we were in the car on the way to Tashkent (obviously we were
very anxious to get out of there)!

Joshua had gotten sicker and we did not feel comfortable waiting until this
morning's medical exam, so we drove straight to the International Clinic
where he was immediately seen by a doctor. He has a lower respiratory
infection, a double ear infection and double eye infection (not to mention
his incredibly high fever and the fact that he is cutting 4 teeth. . .poor
baby). We were given antibiotics and sent on our way with instructions to
call if his fever did not go down within a few hours. Thankfully, after a
few rounds of antibiotics and a good amount of sleep, he is feeling much
better today.

We had our medical examination this morning. The exam was really just a
basic physical, but I was able to ask the doctor some questions about
several of his medical issues and gained a little more insight on his
conditions. Obviously we won't know much more until he has been thoroughly
examined by specialists, but hopefully we will be able to start that process
as soon as we get home.

We have an appointment with the Embassy tomorrow from 2-4 pm. The outcome of
this appointment will determine whether or not I will be boarding the plane
home on Sunday. We are all praying that the Embassy will process everything
quickly and that we will have the visa by Friday (I am hoping that a sick
baby and a scheduled flight home will play on their sympathies). Once I have
the passport and visa in my hand, I think I will finally be able to relax
(for those of you who have gone through this process before, any insight
into how quickly you received your child's passport and visa after your
Embassy appointment would be greatly appreciated . . . obviously it may vary
a bit from country to country and family to family, but it would definitely
help me to feel more confident going into the appointment). Once again, my
stomach is in knots and I am on the edge of my seat wondering what the next
few days will hold, while hoping that, in a few days, I will be on a plane
on the way home to my family. At the same time, I am at peace knowing that
all things happen for a purpose and, whatever happens, it will be Heavenly
Father's will. Hopefully the next leg of this roller coaster will be
heading up!


adoptedthree said...

Hurry back to the US with your newest wonderful SON!

jenroberts said...


Reading your blog has been such a source of inspiration to me! Your faith is so incredibly strong! Watching your journey has helped me so much in preparing for ours (well, actually my husband's, but I feel so much part of it even though I won't physically be there!). I just wanted to thank you and let you know how much you have encouraged me! I believe you will be on that plane Sunday and will continue praying for you and your family. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Jennifer

Cynthia said...

I have just been gobbling up your blogs, just hearing your voice in your words, loving the photos. Praying constantly that all continues to go well -- that the passport DOES get into your hands in time for your return this weekend -- I talked to Rich last night (Wed) and he said you would be coming on the weekend -- so I think you were able to take care of the alst part. So glad you could get some good medicine for Joshua!!
Lots of love, Also, I heard about your departure date to get Evan -- hoping that I can help somein Ohio
Grandma DD