Saturday, October 20, 2007

Quick update from New York

We made it to New York safe and sound this evening! Everything has gone smoothly thus far (flights on schedule, no lost luggage, easy check-in at the hotel, etc.) and I am hoping that they will continue to do so. We leave for Uzbekistan tomorrow evening. I have to say, I am really looking forward to getting a good night's sleep and even sleeping in in the morning!

It was hard to say goodbye to my family this afternoon. I already miss them so much! But I know that they are in good hands and that they will be watched over while I am gone. Of course, I brought lots of pictures and some of our homemade dvd's for those really tough times when I just don't think I can live without them for another minute.

We also received news that we might be able to make it through this process in two weeks like we had hoped. This news just made my day. We will still be pushing it, and there is still a chance I could be there for three weeks, but my hope has been renewed! For those of you who have been praying for us. . .your prayers were heard (so keep them coming)!

After all of the stresses and worries of the past few weeks, I feel like I am finally able to relax a bit and just go with the flow. Obviously we still have many adventures (and stresses and worries) to come, but I am really looking forward to this experience and want to enjoy every minute of it.

Flying into New York tonight, watching the sun set over the ocean, I felt so much gratitude towards my Heavenly Father for the opportunity to have this experience and to bring this precious baby into our family! Time and time again we have seen the Lord's hand guiding this process and I know that He will continue to do so. What an amazing adventure this has been!

I hope to check back in once we arrive in Uzbekistan (Monday), but if you don't hear from me, take it as a sign that things are going well! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

mel@livvyloowho said...

Describing the sunset over the ocean and the lord watching over you gave me chills. I will continue to pray that you can get everything done in 2 weeks. Have a safe trip and keep us posted!

Heather said...

Valerie,

We didn't know you were so close to meeting your new little boy! Congratulations to the both of you! We're excited to see pictures and you all will be in our prayers! Take care and have a wonderful, safe trip!

Love,
Heather and Cameron

Anonymous said...

I talked to Rich on the phone WEdnesday night -- he sounded exhausted and told of some paperwork that needed redoing, etc/. and I thought of your "I think I'm going to be sick." Golly, well, you also spoke of the peace midst tremendous uncertainty. We will all be so glad when you can put your feet down on American soil!